Monday, March 23, 2009

Florists, flowers, and my sister

Some weeks back, my Dethe (3rd of 4 daughters in the family) said, "Dalawa na lang pala tayo dito sa kasal mo."

There were four ladies in the family aside from our Nanay. Exactly one year ago, I remember being at this poorly maintained hospital in the province of Laguna, three hours (at the very least) away from the comforts of our home in Cavite. I remember calling all friends whom I think can assist us to an immediate financial need at the time for my family to get my sister safely back to a better hospital at our hometown. I remember my mom, crying nonstop and my two other sisters trying to compose their selves to serve as strengths of one another. I remember texting my dad, assuring him that everything was fine as he was left alone back home. I remember standing by my sister's hospital bed, whispering to her as tears ran down my haggard face.

We went to Laguna to visit some relatives and start an early summer outing. None of us expected that it would be the last time that we would spend together with my Ditche.

By 8am today, it will be officially a year ago since I was able to see my sister.

Earlier, I went again to Dangwa with my only sibling here in Pinas. Our panganay went abroad to work and support her kids. It was just me, my Dethe, my nanay and our little kids at flowers street.

Our agenda then was to buy flowers for my Ditche's 1st year death anniversary and also book the florist for my wedding. I was keen on booking Ma. Coleen flowershop because of it's very affordable quotation. However, my contact person wasn't there. I was already heading to the other florist that I asked quotations from two weeks ago but we passed by Angel of Hearts' stall. Though I didn't think the owner was there, I took courage to ask where he was. Luckily, his house was just a walking distance from the street. In a few minutes, he was there and we were discussing about business. Kuya Lawrence was warm and very accomodating. I got comfortable talking to him as soon as we started the conversation. He's also good in remembering his clients!
I knew how good his outputs were because he was also the florist of my good highschool friend who got married last December.

Long story short, I booked him. :p The price was about 3k more than my actual budget but what the heck, I know my wedding's in good hands with him being part of our dream team. He also gave us some flowers for my sister's death anniv, to boot!

So there. We got loads of pretty flowers for my sister. And my other sister, Dethe, arranged them last night. I remember, our Ditche was one who loves her own, and I know, she'd be happy to see those flowers and me on my wedding day.

Yes, there will be just the two of us, my Dethe Vivian and me on June 6, 2009. But I'm sure, Ditche will be there, too.

We miss you, Ditche. Hope you like the flowers we bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment