Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lucky Cat Creations #1

Prior to my friend and I's attempt on having a DIY invite, I originally asked a guy friend who is a graphic designer to do our invitation designs. But due to his busy schedule, we weren't able to discuss stuff until about the middle of April. He was able to get into working on the designs only about a three days ago (I think) because he was waiting for me to email him the details of the invites.
Earlier tonight, I received a text from him saying:
"May sinend ako sayo. Grabe, nahihiya ako sa inyo"
and another, 30minutes after the first message:
"Pasensya talaga. I kind of let you down."
I was on a cab then when I read the message, an hour and half after he sent it. I replied, "I haven't seen it yet, keri lang noh ka ba" though I must admit, i kind of got worried, thinking, "hala, ano kayang ginawa nyang ichura ng invites namen?" I felt chills run down my spine. Apparently, it was just because I was soaking wet and the taxi's aircon was in full blast. I was just feeling cold, nothing related to the invites yet. Haha!
And so, I arrived at the office 20minutes late from my scheduled shift. Darn that nonesense of being stucked in traffic for an hour and a half.
As soon as I was able to pull my systems up, I checked my work email and opened my yahoo mail secretly. I know this will get me in trouble but heck, I won't wait til tomorrow to get home to see what he did for us. And there I saw his name under the From tab and the subject, "invites design" with an attachment. I was excited and scared while waiting for a few seconds for the email and attachment to load. On his email, he wrote:
Pasensya na inabot ako ng pagkatagal tagal. I had a block, kaya pasensya na sa mga design, kung mayron lang ako naging extra na oras sana napaganda ko, eh i've been busy kasi, lam mo na, biglaan ako nawalan ng trabaho eh kaya madaming mga inaasikaso. Sana hindi pa kayo huli at hindi ko sinayang ang oras nyo. Okay lang kung yung original design nyo na ang gamitin nyo hehe seryoso. Pasensya na talaga.

You can mix and match elements from the different studies, you just tell me. If you want to use the designs, just proof the copies, tapos advise mo lang ako para maprepare yung files for printing.

Pasensya na ulit. If you dont mind stretching your schedule a bit, i can prepare a couple more studies, bigyan mo din ako ng ibang pegs.

He was apologizing for what he was only able to do for us. Nahiya naman ako lalo. For me, the fact that he accepted my request for him to create an invite design for us was already too much and beggers cant be chosers, I was more than thankful already regardless of his output. And so i opened the attachments and here are what he sent me.

mock-up sample image

I wont be posting the details of each page of the invites though. I'll have it saved for the wedding pictures and stuff. ^_^

He also created a monogram for us. That will be saved til the next post.

4 comments:

  1. hi sis apol super duper uber ganda ng design ng invites nio..ang galing ng friend m sis..bonga yun lng masasabi k..job well done :)

    mai ni jerry
    w@w

    ReplyDelete
  2. stylish!!! between I have one tag for you
    http://www.womenwithextraordinarylife.com/2009/05/tag-for-8-things.html

    Happy weekend... and happy preps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sis!

    OMG! i found you and your theme. hehe! we have almost the same color. our is black, white and gold naman. and we are also adapting th yinyang! kasi si h2b ay merong tatoo nun sa left arm nya. hehe!
    ska, mepagka zen din yung theme namin.

    i already did our monogram, DIY lng po. pero for the sticker and invite, need your help sna.
    sino po suppliers m?

    thanks thanks. ganda ng concept natin n?

    you may email me sa purplema_i@yahoo.com or amante.mai@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete