Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lucky Cat Creations #2

When H2B and I were at the first stage of planning for this wedding, we thought about the color motif. I browsed thru numerous googled sites and found a website that explains things about choosing the wedding colors and its meaning. We were targeting the combination of black and red but I saw there that it was bad luck! Haha! To keep the black motif along, I saw the meaning of the black & white combination motif. The Yin and the Yang. Balance. I thought, perfect. I never thought of pushing through with a monogram but when I made the deposit with Partypics, Miss Nadia asked me to send softcopy of files of the invites, the monogram, the prenup pics and the details for the photobooth backdrop. That was when I started googling again for sample monograms that I can use as reference when I design our own. I thought back to when we were starting the preps and I rememberd the yin-yang thing. I googled and found this yin-yang image with the rose. I then emailed JJ, my very artistic,-award winning- graphic designer friend the yin-yang image that I found and asked if he can make extra time to create us a monogram using the image as inspiration. Here’s what he was able to do for us.

I fell in love.

Highest props to my dear friend, JJ, aka the Lucky Cat for creating us the designs that suits us and our wedding perfectly. With little instructions and a couple of pegs, he sure did one hell of a job for achieving the absolute look that I was aiming for. I love you, friend!

P.S. Anyone interested on his designs, let me know and I'll tell him. Not sure though if there would be corresponding rates next time. Hehehe

2 comments:

  1. hi, I'd like to check if you can recommend me to your friend. Till now I still have not found my so "called" monogram. joanne_negele@hotmail.com

    Looking forward to your email.

    jo

    ReplyDelete