Tuesday, February 17, 2009

One Word, Four Letters, Say It but Im still not booking your services!

With our usual going home routine, we get to pass by this bridal shop along the highway on a daily basis. Today, h2b and I decided to check the shop out and inquire inside (parang sign sa mga tindahan talaga hahaha).

So we stayed out front, staring at their awesomely detailed display of a bridal dress and two other gowns which are equally amazing to look at. I was drooling at the dresses when a middle aged man walked up to us and asked, "ano ho yon?" And so, we told them that we would like to ask about the designs and rates of the dresses in that shop. The man was followed by a woman who appeared to be in her early fifties. She went, "Ay ano bang tinitingnan nyo? Mga wedding gowns? Sige tara pasok kayo!" She was very giddy and uber energetic as she led us inside. She asked the usual wedding inquiry interrogations: date of the wedding, who's going to be wed, our motiff, style/design preferences, etc. As I answer each of her questions I also threw a few questions back to her in relation to the rates of the dresses (of course, that was why we were there, to do our canvassing as we are very concerned of the budget hehehe). She told me it is her daughter who is the designer and she also has a daughter who does hair & make-up and another offspring doing P/V services, and wedding coordination, too. In short, she was trying to upsell their entire services to us. She even said, "Sana nagpunta kayu dun sa megamall, namigay kami 10% discount sa mga clients namin! Itong gown na to, (referring to their display gown which I so admire), naka limang booking ito! Tapos eto naman tatlo! Andami dami namin na-book noon! Meron pa kumuha ng buong package! 10% Discount!" (if you have observed, i put exclamation point on every sentence she uttered because she was really and literally over the top on her upselling portion). So we asked about the prices, she said, "Ah, yan! 35 tawsan yan!! Halika, dali! Magsukat ka! Bagay sayo yung tube, tapos may bolero o kwelyo banda dito! (while tracing her hands on my shoulder blades)", sabay banat ng, "Para matakpan yang buto buto mo! Payat ka kasi!" Kamusta naman, nilait pa ako?
And she didn't stop there. When she asked if we were able to book na our P/V, she even asked for the package we got which we politely answered. As she heard the rate, she said, "Ay ang mahal! Kame may 15 tawsan lang! Anak ko pa ang mismong potograper nyo!!" Take note of how I type, it is the same as her pronunciation of the word. H2B and I clearly saw and felt how proud she was of her offsprings. However, here is what really ticked me off. She asked us if we were able to book my HMUA in which I answered with so much confidence, "Opo!" She asked where my HMUA was from and how did I know her. I told her that I found out about her through the internet and met with her at the same bridal fair they were in at megamall. She asked, "Sino yan? Sino yan?" The question sounded more of a demand, like a father ambushing her teen daughter with a random boy from high school. She made a face when I said who my HMUA was. I thought that the reaction was because she knew the artist from somewhere but apparently, she was just plainly disgusted of any competition. She went, "Ay naku, yung anak ko? Kita mo, kita mo (while showing me the pictures of her daughter's "work"), ang ganda diba, pantay na pantay ang make-up!" SInce I was starting to be likewise disgusted by her attitude towards other people in the wedding business, I said, "Airbrush po yung serbisyo nung kinuha ko." with all transparency on my tone to get her to keep her stinky comments to herself. But that still didn't stop her. "Nakuuuu!! Wag kayong magpapaniwala sa mga ganyan! Tong samin, tunay tong mga make-up na gamit ng anak ko! Nag aral pa sya sa *some school that I don't know about*! Yang mga bakla, nanloloko lang yang mga yan, peke yung mga gamit nila, saka di totoo yang mga spray spray na make-up na yan!" And she went on raving about how glorious her daughters' works are while badmouthing their other competitors. Clearly, she does not have any idea who my HMUA is. The woman even thought that I booked some random transvestite beautician from a street salon somewhere. Eff that!! I was really pissed and reaaalllyyy disappointed. Their gowns are truly majestic but with that kind of customer service and a banana-type machine gun mouth which spills out nothing but trash, to hell if I'm ever going to make them part of my wedding dream team!!! I didn't effing care that she called me payatot, buto-buto, whatsoever but diss my HMUA?? No effing way!!

She still kept on pursuing us to book them for the bridal gown, though. Being the polite hidden b*tch that I am, I just said, "Nagka-canvass pa naman po kame. Balikan na lang po namin kayo kapag sigurado na kami talaga." And you know what her response was? "Eh undecided pa pala kayo eh! Eh di wag na! Sige, sige!"

Aba!

Talagang wag na!! Never never never never will I ever avail of any of their services!! I don't care if they would cost a penny per service, but if that's how they talk about other people which they don't even know, I would rather be mabaon sa utang to afford other's services than them!

I don;t understand why people would talk trash about other people, specially if they do not really have any glimpse of an idea as to who or what kind of people the others are. I understand that she was very very proud of her offsprings, of their talents, their services. And I also understand that she wanted to be able to become part of something worth remembering for. But still, nothing can ever be a valid excuse to speak poorly of their fellow artist. Afterall, they belong to the same industry. Competition is supposed to be a fun challenge. I guess, she doesn't understand that.

No comments:

Post a Comment