Monday, February 16, 2009

the shrine where we would say I DO

About three weeks back, I've been so worried and been crying a lot thinking, "Lord, wag mo naman ako pagtaguan!" because we were having issues with the church where we'd like to be wed. Our first choice was at Sto. Rosario Parish Church here in Rosario, Cavite however, the date that we have originally set for the wedding fell on a Sunday and as most churches 'operating hours', they do not cater to weddings on Sundays!! T_T

So we had to look for other churches that wouldn't cause too much hassle as far as proximity and availability is concerned. We inquired at San Isidro Parish Church (which is my actual parish), Noveleta Parish, Imus, Tanza, and almost all the churches here in Cavite. Then my sister said, "Ayaw nyo sa Fatima?" There was this click in my head and I thought, "sabe nga nila, maganda daw dun."

So we scouted for the number of that parish church in Binakayan. It's kind of a bit far from the reception venue compared to our first choice but hey, beggers can't be chosers nga diba!

Since we cannot seem to find the contact info of the church office, I asked h2b if we can drop by the said parish to check their availability and see if it would really be THE church for us. Good thing before we went there, we visited first Dreamline Studios' office to check their P/V packages as well. We even get to ask the photographer there for samples of clients' weddings held at Our Lady of Fatima Parish church. H2B and I were so amazed by the registry of the church in the pictures! And being the siguristas that we are, we walked our way from Dreamline to the church.

We battled through dusty winds and harurot of the buses as we thread the path to the church. As we enter the street, I felt peace. Maybe because the area was too quiet and we're starting to be away from the noisy beeps and brooms of the vehicles along the highway.

We entered the gates. Nasabi ko na lang, " Baby... ang ganda nga..."

It was peaceful. Serene. Sacred.

We had to move the wedding date just to make sure we would be wed here. I didn't care anymore about the pamahiins of moving your wedding date. What mattered to me was I found THE church!

Our Lady of Fatima Parish Church

1 comment: